Cha Cha Chia!
I am obsessed with this super easy chia seed pudding recipe from Trader Joe’s. A perfect snack, very low calorie, filling and great for your colon health! Remember to drink LOTS of water (at least half your body weight in ounces daily) and more when increasing fiber in your diet. More water and more fiber can mean more bowel movements for a flatter tummy and a healthy colon!
Chia Seed Pudding Recipe…
Make a no-cook Chia Seed Pudding by combining:
¼ cup of Chia Seeds with a cup of coconut milk (Trader Joe’s Original Coconut Milk is only 45 calories for 8oz. and ZERO sugar!),
¼ cup (or less!) of honey or agave syrup,
and flavors of your choice — like vanilla, cocoa powder, pureed fruit, or citrus juices.
*Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours and you’ll have all the goodness of Chia Seeds in a sweet & delicious pudding — no heating necessary.
(Pictured: Chia Seed pudding with 1/2 tsp of vanilla, 1 tbs. of agave & 1 tbs. of Cinnamon stirred.)
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds…
- The soluble fiber content helps to regulate blood sugar levels
- Lower cholesterol and encourage digestion.
- Soluble fiber absorbs cholesterol and eliminates it through the stool.
- The liver then releases more cholesterol to replenish the loss, which results in an overall reduction of cholesterol in the body.
- The slow release of the seeds’ nutrients allows the digestive tract to slowly absorb and utilize the energy over an extended time period, which helps endurance.
- The abundance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids also helps reduce cholesterol levels that can lead to heart attack, stroke and coronary heart disease.
- These fatty acids, especially in their ideal ratio, are naturally anti-inflammatory and encourage arterial health and strength.
Need to detox? Need to increase your bowel movements? Want more energy? Want to lose weight?
Come see me at Aletris for Colon Hydrotherapy,
Calie Conner, Colon Hydro-therapist