How long is a course of treatment? How long is each session?
Each person will respond differently depending on his or her current health, lifestyle, etc. Generally, course of treatment consists of 8-10 treatments followed by maintenance sessions. Ideally, maintenance sessions are monthly but can be done seasonally (ie. One treatment in Spring, One treatment in Summer, etc).
Each treatment is 1 ½ hours long
When will I start seeing results?
Effects will become visibly noticeable around 5-7 treatments.
How long will results last?
With regular maintenance sessions, Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture can last 2-5 years.
What does Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture do?
- Improves overall health. You are receiving a treatment for your whole body
- Increases collagen production and dispersal
- Helps eliminate puffiness, bags under the eyes, fine lines and age spots
- Decreases sagging jowls, large wrinkles, double chins, drooping eyelids and acne
- Increases facial coloring and moisture by increasing circulation
- Brings out patient’s innate beauty and radiance
- Improve muscle tone in face
- Slows aging process from within
Who should not get Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Patients with the following conditions should NOT have FRA (PLEASE NOTE: Many of these conditions respond very well to regular acupuncture)
- Bleeding problems
- Pituitary disorders
- Hypertension (even if on medication because treatment can raise BP)
- Migraines (any more than once a year)
- Seizures, epilepsy or cancer
- Current cold or flu
- Acute herpes outbreak
Patients with the following disorders should be cautioned
- Bruising problems
- Fish oil, aspirin, Vitamin E all increase the risk of bruising
- Ask doctor about discontinuing during FRA treatment
- Cosmetic surgery or procedures
- Laser resurfacing- wait 3 weeks
- Botox- Wait 6 months
- Acupuncture moves Qi which could, in turn, move the botox where you don’t want it
- Fillers such as Restylane
- Can cause granulomas
- Facial Peels- wait 2 weeks
What can I expect during my appointment?
Your first appointment you will be asked to fill out an intake including medical history and current medications. If you have on makeup, you will need to wash your face. You will then be taken to a private room where we will discuss your concerns. Once you’re ready, you will lie on a massage table and very fine needles will be inserting in your face and body. After you relax for a period of time, the needles will be removed and you will be free to go.
You may have some minor redness after the treatment that should fade quickly.
Although every precaution is taken to prevent it, bruising sometimes does occur. Please be aware of this risk. If you tend to bruise easily or are concerned about bruising, extra steps can be taken to lessen the risk.